200g Arnott's Original Tim Tam
8 egg whites, at room temperature
Pinch of cream of tartar
430g (2 cups) caster sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
30g unsalted butter, chopped
300ml thickened cream, plus 185ml (3/4 cup), extra
300ml double cream
250g fresh/frozen strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 150 C. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.. Open a pack of Tim Tam. Slice 3 diagonally and set aside. Chop the rest into small 1cm squares.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until firm peaks form. Continue beating while slowly adding the sugar. Beat in cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla.
3. Place the meringue in a pipe and shape two meringue layers over the parchment paper. Bake the meringue for 10 mins at 150C then reduce the temperature to 110C and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
4.. Heat the double cream in a pot. Then place the cream along with the chocolate and butter in a heat safe bowl. Mix until everything is melted and combined.
5. Beat the remaining cream with vanilla and chopped Tim Tam.
6. Remove meringue from oven and layer with cream and chocolate ganache then top with strawberries. Place the second meringue on top then proceed to add another layer of cream and chocolate ganache.. Top this with strawberries and the diagonal Tim Tam pieces.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.