5 pieces chicken thighs
5 tbsp olive oil
freshly cracked black pepper
1/4 cup white wine (optional; you can also substitute mirin)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 lemon, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash chicken then pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Pour 5 tbsp olive on your Lodge oval casserole. Over low heat, cook chicken thighs skin side down for 10 minutes, moving the pieces every now and then to make sure they don't burn. After 10 minutes, flip the thighs to cook the meat part. After 10 minutes, flip the thighs to crisp the skin some more, about 5 minutes.
3. Put cooked chicken on a plate. Remove excess oil. Pour white wine (or mirin) and lemon juice on the pot. Put the chicken back in the pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. At this point, you can season the chicken with paprika, add aromatics like sliced lemons, quartered red onion, and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 10-15 minutes until skin crisps up and tomatoes blister.
5. Remove from oven. Garnish with arugula. Serve!
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.