1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 clove minced garlic
2 cups ripe strawberries quartered (cut, then measure)
2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
toasted slices of baguette
4 ounces cream cheese
Optional : Oregano or Basil for Garnish
1. In a non-stick sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté just until softened but not browned.Add the strawberries, honey, salt, thyme, cinnamon and pepper. Sauté together over medium high until the mixture reaches a thick jammy consistency.
2. In the last couple of minutes of cooking time stir in the balsamic vinegar. (Note: you can adjust honey and vinegar according to taste)
3. Mash the cream cheese for spreading.
4. Spread the chutney and cream cheese on the baguettes.
5. Garnish with oregano or basil (optional)
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.