6 oz. lean pork, sliced into ¼” strips
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon light soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine
Pinch of sugar
Water for boiling
3 tablespoons oil, divided
8 shiitake mushrooms (fresh or dry – you have to soak them first if they’re dried), thinly sliced
1 lb. egg noodles
2 1/2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon sugar
1 small bunch choy sum or baby bok choy, washed and trimmed
1. Mix together the pork and marinade ingredients and set aside for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Cook the noodles for 3-5 minutes then drain.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat. Add the pork stir-fry until browned.
4. Turn down the heat, remove the pork from the wok and set aside. Add a couple more tablespoons of oil to the wok and sauté the mushrooms for about 2 minutes using medium heat.
5. Add the noodles then add the soy sauces and sugar. Stir-fry everything together until the noodles get an even, deep brown color. If you’re not seeing the color you want, add a little more dark soy sauce. Add the leafy greens and the pork now and mix in with the noodles until wilted.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.