2 pieces 200 grams rib eye
2 pieces egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water
1 small onion
1 cup mushrooms,
1 cup spinach
2-3 pieces puff pastry sheet
1. Heat a pan over medium high heat and add oil. When oil begins to smoke, add beef and sear all sides for 1 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
2. Mince mushrooms and onion together until it looks like crumbs. Heat a pan and fry it in a medium-low fire until it dries a little. Add spinach on the other side and cook for 3 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
3. Lay 1 sheet of cling wrap and layer the filling. Add spinach in the bottom, and then add meat, and then add the mushroom onion paste on top. Seal the wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven in 400 degree Fahrenheit. Lay your puff pastry and put the filling at the middle. Fold the puff pastry making sure all sides are covered. Brush with egg yolk mixture and refrigerate until oven temperature is 400 degrees.
5. Slash the sides of the beef pastry lightly without piercing it and brush with another coat of egg yolk mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.