500ml fresh milk
4 egg yolk
1 egg white
125g powdered sugar
2 tsp lemon
1. On a baking sheet, roll puff pastry into a large rectangle. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 30 minutes in 350°F.
2. Pour milk in a pot and bring to boil with half of your sugar. Whisk egg yolk and sugar until it becomes a light colored paste. Mix cornstarch in the yolk mixture.
3. Temper milk with egg yolk mixture by pouring the milk little by little. Pour the milk-yolk mixture back into the pan and cook it till it becomes thick. add butter.
4. Mix egg white and powdered sugar, whisk till when incorporated. thin the mixture by pouring a little milk. Get 3 tbsp icing and mix 1tbsp cocoa powder.
5. Assemble the mille feuille by first cutting and trimming the puff pastry into 3 rectangles, then piping the pastry cream on top of 2 of them, and icing on the third. Stack one on top of the other, placing the pastry with icing lastly on top. Cut into 1" rectangles.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.