1 cup all-purpose flour (150g)
1 large egg
1 cup water (240ml)
½ tsp salt or to taste
4 oz Chinese chives (trimmed and cut into ½-inch lengths) (115g)
1 medium carrot (finely diced)
1 red chili (finely diced) (optional)
4 oz cooked shrimps (chopped)
4 tbsp vegetable oil
Sweet chili sauce for dip
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, egg, water and salt. Stir to make a smooth batter. The batter should have a smooth, thick consistency.
2. Stir in vegetables and shrimps. Mix well.
3. Heat about 2 tablespoon oil in a fry pan. Pour a ladle of batter (about ¼ cup) into pan for each pancake. Panfry about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip pancakes and fry for another 3 to 4 Minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove and drain on paper towels. Do not over crowd pan. Fry in two batches.
5. Serve warm with sweet chili sauce.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.