2 racks baby back ribs
Asian Style BBQ Marinade
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice powder
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 and ½ tsp ground pepper
1 and ½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
5 cups water
1 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup white apple juice
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
3 inch fresh ginger (peeled and sliced)
6 scallion whites (diced)
1 tsp cayenne powder
⅛ cup sesame seeds to taste
6 scallion greens (cut diagonally)
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a pot filled with water. Add the ribs. Simmer in the marinade until tender.
2. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid and simmer until sugars are dissolved.
3. Put ribs in a baking pan and brush with braising liquid. Cover with foil. Set oven to highest temperature and bake ribs.
4. After 30 minutes, check and apply more braising liquid.
5. Broil ribs until edges are a little charred. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.