1 1/2 cups almond flakes
3 egg whites
2 tbsp canola oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1. Bring the egg whites, oil, sugar and flour into a mixing bowl. Mix them up using a whisk. The batter will appear a little lumpy in the beginning. Keep the mixing going, it will smooth out in the end. Add in the almond flakes. Gently stir to mix them well with the batter.
2. Line a baking sheet with a piece of heavy duty aluminium foil and grease it lightly. Bring in half the batter. Using the back of a spoon, spread the batter out as thinly as possible.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 16 minutes. At the end of it, the sides will appear to be a lot browner than the center.
4. Carefully peel the large almond thin off the baking aluminium foil and transfer it onto a cooling rack (or another baking sheet). Let it cool for about a minute. Break the side part that are crispy.
5. Place back onto the baking sheet and break into pieces.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.