1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
2 large celery stalks, chopped
1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced (or grated)
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth, add more if needed
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
garnish with chopped cilantro, parsley or celery leaves
1. Heat the oil in your soup pot. Add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, garlic and ginger and sauté until slightly tender.
2. Add the cauliflower and heat through. Stir in the turmeric and cumin.
3. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Place lid on the soup and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Using a stick blender, blend soup.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and reheat soup. Garnish with cilantro, parsley or celery leaves.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.