1 large eggplant, sliced into thin discs
1 large zucchini, sliced into thin discs
2 large tomatoes, sliced into thin discs
3 tablespoons olive oil
freshly cracked black pepper
1 small tin whole tomatoes
1 small bell pepper, minced
1 medium onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash the eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes thoroughly. Pat dry and slice into thin discs. Make sure to use a sharp knife. If you have an overly eager child beside you, carefully supervise the child in slicing the vegetables using a mandolin. Proceed to commend the said child for a job well done!
2. Pour olive oil in a pan. Add 1 small can whole tomatoes, and minced spices (bell pepper, onion, garlic). Add thyme. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes until it has reduced to a jam-like consistency. Mix well.
3. Spread the tomato sauce mixture evenly on your Lodge rectangular roaster.
4. Arrange vegetables on top of the sauce. Or better yet, let the kids decorate it! Just ensure vegetables are spaced evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and rotate pan (this is to avoid burn spots). Bake for another 15 minutes. Serve!
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.