For the Crust:
20 chocolate wafer cookies
3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
3 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake:
8oz chocolate chips
8oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup mint syrup
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray an 8-inch round springform pan with cooking spray then line with foil.
2. Combine ingredients for crust in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Press crust evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes to set.
3. For the cheesecake: Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds; stir. Repeat until chips are completely melted.
4. Blend cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup sour cream in food processor until smooth. Scrape down the sides then add eggs and melted chocolate. Pulse just until combined. Carefully pour filling on top of the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Mix remaining sugar and sour cream with the mint syrup in a bowl until smooth. Carefully pour or spoon filling on top, set cheesecake in an even layer. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more until filling is just set but still a little loose (it will completely set as it cools and is refrigerated). Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once fully cooled, cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. When cheesecake is fully set, carefully remove the edges of the pan and the foil. Garnish top with whipped cream and chocolate shaving if desired.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates!
Easy 5-step recipes featuring the freshest and most exciting ingredients from Rustan's Supermarket.